– Today, we eat foods from video games. – Let’s talk about that. (upbeat theme music) – Good Mythical Morning. – And good mythical welcome to our guest today, Sean William McLoughlin, best known as Jacksepticeye, welcome Sean to the show.
– Thank you. (crew applauds) Thanks guys. – Did I hit that last name correctly? – You did, everyone thinks it’s your last name.
Everyone thinks we have the same last name. – No, my name is bastardized. – McLaughlin. – McLaughiin. – McLaughlin.
– Yes. – Mc-laugh-lin. – I apologize for it on a regular basis. – No, it’s not your fault, don’t worry about it. – No, but you got it, McLoughlin. – McLoughlin.
– McLoughlin. – There you go. – Alright, here’s the thing, Sean, at this very desk, we have happily consumed pig anuses, bull penises, and turkey balls. – Not too happy. – But I’m sorry, we will not be making you eat any animal genitalia today.
– Oh, damn it. – Instead, we will be making you eat your expertise. – I thought you were gonna say, you’ll be eating your genitalia.
(group laughs) – Your own. – Is it too late to change the episode? I actually don’t wanna sign up for that either. – We’ll film that right after this. – No, we’re gonna be making you eat food that exists inside of video games.
– You know about those, right? – Kind of. I’m not very good at them.
– So with the help of mythical chef Josh, we’ve taken some iconic video game foods, turned them from virtual reality into reality reality. It’s time for Real Fake Food, Video Game Edition. – Now making foods from video games is something that’s been done online a lot, including by our friends iJustine, Feast of Fiction, and Rosanna Pansino just to name a few. But the way they do it is not the way we do it here. Our goal is to make the food as true to how it exists inside the video game as possible. – In other words, this is gonna get nasty.
But we’re gonna ease into things starting with slurp juice from Fortnite. – Okay Sean, I’m only vaguely familiar with Fortnite, Fortnite, Fortnite, because I was memed saying that word a lot. But other than that, give us the details of this slurp juice. – Okay, so slurp juice, you find it in chests. You can find it anywhere, you can find it in llamas if you want.
You take it to increase your health, but it also increases your shield at the same time. – Of course it does. – If you have full health, it gives you 75 shield, if you have full shield, it gives you 75 health. – And it’s blue. – Well, it’s bluish-greenish color, I want to see how accurate you guys have made it. Did you get it on the T?
– [Link] Oh, and you can kill somebody and take it, as Davin did in this footage here. – Blue or not, I have done that. I’ve killed somebody and taken their slurp juice, but when they started putting it in llamas, that’s when I exited the game.
– That was your hard out? – I was like, nope, too much! – Not in my Fortnite. – Alright, we got some here.
– Does it look, oh god, it’s freezing. – Isn’t that how you imagined it would be. – It’s cold in the game, too. – No, I didn’t think in the game it would be cold.
– Well you’re not wearing the haptic gloves. – That’s true. – I’m gonna tell you guys what’s in here, and then you can decide whether or not you want to drink it. The base is blue Gatorade, and then we added crushed-up vitamins, – And that’s what a lot of people do, they just drink blue Gatorade and say they’re drinking slurp juice on the internet. – We’re going further than that.
We added crushed-up vitamins, protein powder, some energy drink, and then crushed-up blue Tums. – So this is actually just good for us, we should be drinking this. – Yeah, especially the Tums part.
– This is gonna be my morning cleanse every day. – So we’re going to dink it. – Cheers, boys. – Cheers, and sink it. – Um, mmm. – I like it.
– You like it? – I like it. – Is your shield going up? – It is. – 75 on the shield. – Yeah, my immune system is soaring right now.
– But yeah, if you were to drink this in the way that it happens in the game, when you just turn it up, and. – Oh god, no, that’s a trip to the bathroom real quick. – Yeah, not gonna do that.
– It’s very Tums forward. – And that’s a bad thing? – Chalky. – Tums forward is something I’ve always been about. – Goodbye heartburn. I want this at Starbucks.
– They probably would do it. – And that’s probably the best thing we’re gonna be putting in our mouths all day. – Yeah, that’s why I’m downing this now. – [Link] Next up from Portal, we eat cake. – So the gamers on our crew told us that the cake from Portal is one of the most well known video game foods out there, but Sean, please, elaborate on that.
– Okay, so the cake from Portal is introduced early on by GLaDOS, the robot who wants to kill you. And everywhere in the game, it keeps saying that the cake is a lie. As you go around, there’s– – I’ve heard this phrase. – You’ve heard that, – Seen that meme. – You’ve seen the meme, but it’s not a lie, because at some point GLaDOS comes out and she gives you the ingredients on how to make said cake.
So let’s take a little, small sampling of some of these ingredients, shall we? – Oh yes. – Yes, yes.
– [Robot] One and two-third cups granulated sugar, two cups all-purpose flour, don’t forget garnishes such as fish head crackers, fish head candies, fish-shaped solid waste, fish-shaped dirt, fish-shaped ethyl benzene, pull and peel licorice, fish-shaped– – Okay. She’s very fond of fish-shaped things, and she’s got a sing-songy voice, which is very– – It’s like when you have a friend who can do a robot impersonation. It doesn’t sound like an actual robot, it sounds like, no, I got a good robot voice. Let me do it for the game. – That’s just somebody who hates their job.
They’re just dead inside now. – Okay, so let’s bring our cake out. – It’s not a lie, boys. – I mean it looks– – it doesn’t smell bad.
– It smells great. It smells like chocolate. – It looks like manure. – Yeah, it does. – Okay, but let us tell you exactly what’s in this thing.
In the place of fish-shaped solid waste, we used cooked fish guts. In the place of fish-shaped dirt, we used regular dirt. In the place of volatile malted milk impoundments, we used milk powder. For the cranial caps, we used pork brains. – I don’t like the consistency of this already. – Sean asked us before we came out here, how nasty it was gonna get, and he was like, we’re not gonna be, like, eating pork brains or something?
– No, I said sheep’s brains. – No, he said sheep’s brains. – You said sheep’s brain.
– And I was like, no, no, no, no sheep’s brains. – No, pork brains are better. – In the place of fish-shaped volatile organic compounds, we used ghost chili truffle. – Oh, Christ. – So it’s also gonna be spicy.
We did not use ethyl benzene, – Hand me those plates. – So this isn’t gonna kill us. – Somewhere, we’re on a watch list, already. – But there are candy-coated peanut butter pieces in there, so yay. – And sediment-shaped sediment. – And you’re all getting a really big piece.
– I haven’t had breakfast yet, so this is good. – But when they say the cake is a lie, it’s not that the cake doesn’t exist, it’s that– – It’s that somebody in the game is trying to warn you that the cake is a lie. – It may exist, but don’t eat it.
– Yeah. – Yes. – Give that to Sean, because it actually stood up. – Sure, that’s, okay. – See those delicate slices of brain. – Don’t think about it.
– I mean, here’s the good news. – [Sean] That looks like a car crash. – There is some chocolate in here, and chocolate covers a world of hurt as we’ve discovered on this show. – Just forewarning now, how’s your gag reflex?
– It’s well practiced. – We have our own buckets. – Okay, oh we do, okay, ’cause my gag reflex is the worst – Oh yeah, – in existence. – You got your own, yeah. – Oh, they love it here.
– Give ’em the money shot. – Okay, so I think I’m just gonna eat a bite, and then bite this red thing. – Just the thought of it is gonna make me gag already. – There’s no reason to dink this, ’cause we might lose it, so let’s just– – Guys, were eating a meme. – Dink it. – Okay, we will dink it then.
– Dink, cross contamination. It’s good for a good kitchen. – Sink it.
Oh my gosh. Oh, you’re going out early. – That’s horrible. – It’s very dirt, a lot of dirt. – Bottoms up. – Oh man, that’s hot.
– Hoo. Hoo. – Woo. (Rhett retches) – I kind of like it.
– Really? – Dirt, chocolate covers the pork brains, woo, something hot just happened. Ooh, the hot, holy crap, that thing is hot man. – I just want to take this moment to thank you guys for having me on. – The slurp juice is helping a lot. – Uh huh, uh huh.
– Oh Josh, you’re a genius. (Link retches) – Oh yeah. I like it. I love it.
– I got it. – Bucket’s that way, buddy. – No, I got it, I got it down. – I got it down, too. – Thought you were gonna celebrate with me, but, you were just very scared that I was gonna retch in your lap. – No, I thought projectiles were happening.
– Yeah, I did make that noise, didn’t I? – We did it, guys. – You did it. I mean, yes, we did it, guys. – Yeah, collectively, we did it. – Yes.
– Alright, next up from Zelda: Breath of the Wild, we have dubious food. – Okay, so cooking, have either of you ever played Breath of the Wild? – I have watched my son play it. – And I don’t cook in IRL. – Okay, so this is perfect.
– In real life. – So just in case you didn’t know what that meant, kids at home. So cooking is a huge part of Breath of the Wild, you cook to get your health back, you cook to boost your stats and things like that, and there’s thousands of different things that you can cook with, make very healthy meals for yourself. But, if you mix in monster parts into your food, you end up making what they call dubious food. Dubious food is not great for you, it’s not the best for you.
You don’t really want to be making dubious food. That’s the sign of a bad chef. – You know what we should do? We should make dubious food. – We should.
Okay, we have chosen the recipe hearty meat stew, because that’s just the kind of guys that we are. – It’s just what you want, good for winter. – List the ingredients that go into this thing. – Yeah, and go ahead and throw ’em in the cauldron.
– And I’ll put them in here, yeah. – Raw bird drumstick, or raw meat, there it is. – [Sean] Hello, salmonella. – Fresh milk. And if you’re following along, feel free to pause as you add your own ingredients.
Goat butter, that looks like demented apple sauce. Tabantha wheat. – Oh yeah, of course I’ve got tabantha wheat. – It’s like wheat from a bantha. – Where did you get that?
– Yeah, from a tabantha. – And of course, cooked inside a big cauldron over an open flame. But it’s not dubious yet. – No, it’s not, we gotta get some monster parts. – You gotta get some monster parts, and the easiest monster to get parts from is a bokoblin. – A bokoblin?
– Oh god. Oh no. – Wild guess, but I’ll bet this is a bokoblin. – Sure, let’s go with that.
Okay, so to get the guts out of him, all you have to do is kill one. – [Link] Oh my gosh, oh! – Oh god. – Okay, let me help here.
– Is this how it goes in the game, you just start reaching into his abdomen? – I don’t think it’s this gruesome. Oh god. – Oh my gosh.
What is that, that’s a gut. – That’s a gut. – Are you okay? – Grab another one.
– Reach in there and grab some more. – Oh my gosh. – That’s good, that’s good stuff, that’s good, oh, it smells gross.
– Now the thing is, these are actually real guts. Because we made ’em purple, we could’ve made this anything. But we’re still using real guts. So they didn’t have to be real, but they are real guts. – Okay, gather around, guys. – And of course, now we just gotta let it cook.
(fire tinkles) – It’s done. – Whoa. Just like that. It smells strong.
– Yeah, that’s beefy. – Stinks horribly, gosh, look at that. – Those guts really, – What is that? – Well, that’s an intestine. I’m gonna have to get you an intestine – Oh god.
– Section. – That one can be Link’s. – [Rhett] Oh, there’s a nice little. – Just go ahead and prepare three. – That one has like a hairy texture to it.
– Yeah, that looks like you’re gonna love it. – It’s like you’re literally digging around inside a real person. – [Rhett] Okay, boys. – You got three spoonfuls. I’m starting to realize why they blur it in the game. Like I wish this were blurred.
Oh my gosh, that’s huge. – I’m gonna serve you guys. – That’s a huge bite! – We worked so hard on this stew, you have to really sample it. – This is going out as soon as it’s going in.
– Oh my gosh. – Just try, just commit. – Three, two, one. (Link retches) (Rhett retches) – Dubious!
– Something about this stew is a tad bit dubious. – Just like momma used to make. – Oh gosh. – I’m sorry, I think I may have gotten some on a camera.
– Oh my gosh. – I made one attempt. – I can still smelL it.
– And then my intestines said, no, I am an intestine. I don’t want to be inside of another intestine. – Sean, you did amazing, man.
We’re so glad to have you. I’m certain you’ll never come back. – What are you talking about, this is just a fun Friday night. – But make sure to check out Sean’s channel, Jacksepticeye for more video game content, less retching. – Thanks for liking, commenting, and subscribing. Say, you know what time it is.
– You know what time it is. – Hi, I’m Ben. – And I’m Kris. – And we’re on our honeymoon in Ireland. – And we just did the Ballycotton Cliff Walk, – [Together] and it’s time to spin the Wheel of Mythicality. – The Ballycotton what?
– Cliff walk, what are the chances? – Have you done that? – Of course I have. – What are the chances? – I’m Irish, everybody’s done it. – Click the top link to watch us play Overcooked Two in Good Mythical More.
– And to find out where the Wheel of Mythicality’s gonna land. – [Rhett] Defeat the hair of defeat with our mythical pomade, available at mythical.store.